Dough: 5 eggs, separated 5 tbsp honey or sugar 2 tbsp hot water 1 tsp vanilla 1 2/3 cup buckwheat flour (200g) Topping: 250 ml whipping cream 1 tbsp honey or sugar 4 cups fresh strawberries 2 tbsp whole roasted flaxseed
• Spray deep dish cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray.
• Preheat oven to 180˚ C or 355˚ F
• Place egg yolk, honey or sugar, water and vanilla in a large bowl and mix until creamy.
• Beat egg whites until very stiff consistency is reached.
• Carefully blend stiff egg whites and buckwheat flour with egg mixtures.
• Bake for 20 minutes.
• Cool cake before proceeding with toppings.
• Whip cream until it forms stiff peaks. Sweeten with honey or sugar.
• Spread evenly on baked cake.
• Top with strawberry halves and roasted flaxseed.
• Serve right away
|Nutritional Facts (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7.1 g|
|Omega-3 ALA Fatty Acid||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||22 g|
|Dietary Fibre||4.7 g|